ON THIS DAY… 24 JUL 1967
‘Little Games’ by The Yardbirds was released
‘Little Games’ by the Yardbirds was also released on this day in 1967. The music featured is the Screen Gem’s demo of ‘No Excess Baggage’ recorded by the band on this album.
In December 2003, the first Riffathon took place in Guildford and was won by Tommy Hubbard. It was a charity event for the ABC Trust.
In 2005, the second Riffathon was to take place at Hammersmith Palais. Brian May of Queen, the guitarist of The Darkness, Dan Hawkins and I had been asked to judge a number of guitarists as they played their riffs. I thought they might play original material, but the contestants performed versions of songs by Led Zeppelin and Queen. Martin Tomkins was the eventual winner that night.
- mujerdelhampa likes this
- wholovestherain reblogged this from jimmypage-onthisday
- wholovestherain likes this
- denimchickensunny reblogged this from goodtimemusic
- intricateguitarparts likes this
- coco--sweet likes this
- jimmypageismyboyfriend reblogged this from rogerharrydaltrey
- ledbrazil reblogged this from jimmypage-onthisday
- rogerharrydaltrey likes this
- roots66 reblogged this from jimmypage-onthisday
- sexyitalians likes this
- dietmountaindelrey likes this
- thenewyardbirds reblogged this from jimmypage-onthisday
- jimmypage-onthisday posted this